Audio Research is pleased to announce the Reference 160S stereo power amplifier. A vacuum-tube design, it follows in the footsteps of the internationally-acclaimed 160M monaural power amplifier, introduced in 2018, which has won multiple amplifier-of the-year honors from publications such as Stereophile, Hi-Fi+, and others.
The Reference 160S (REF160S) carries-over the stunning look of the 160M, with dual GhostMeters™ that float in front of the eight KT150 output power tubes.
• 140 watts continuous from 20Hz to 20kHz. 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 1% at 140 watts, below 0.04% at 1 watt.
• (-3dB points) 5Hz to 70kHz.
• (-3dB points at 1 watt) 0.5Hz to 110kHz.
• 2.4V RMS Balanced for rated output. (25.5 dB gain into 8 ohms)
• 300k ohms Balanced; 100k ohms Single-ended.
• Non-inverting. Balanced input pin 2+ (IEC-268)
• 16 ohms, 8 ohms, 4 ohms.
• Approximately 0.6dB 16 OHM LOAD TO OPEN CIRCUIT (Damping factor approximately 14)
OVERALL NEGATIVE FEEDBACK
• 13 volts/microsecond
• 2.0 microseconds.
• 105-130VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 400 watts at rated output, 700 watts maximum, 260 watts at “idle”, 1 watt off
• 4 matched pair KT150 (Power output V1-4); 4 6H30 (Gain stage V5 and V6).
• (BxHxD) 483x260x546mm
• 45,4 kg